In Linguistic Assets - Translation Memories, you can create or import TMs.
Click the Create TM button at the upper left corner of the interface, and the pop-up shown below will show up automatically. Fill in the name of the TM, choose the access level, import the TM file, choose the language pairs, and then click Save to create a TM. If you do not have a local TM file, you can skip importing TM, instead create an empty TM.
- The file format of importing TM is tmx, sdltm, xls and xlsx files or zip files containing those files and the file size is no more than 100MB.
- In Read-Only mode, you can only search the data in the TM, but cannot update the real-time translation data to the TM.
- In Read-Write mode, you can read the data in the TM, and update the real-time translation data to the TM.
To import TM files into an existing TM, find the TM to be imported, and click the Import button in the right action bar. Then, the pop-up shown below will appear automatically, click Upload. The file format of importing TM is tmx, sdltm, xls and xlsx files or zip files containing those files and the file size is no more than 100MB.
After the TM is imported, the status will change from Normal to Importing. When the status changes back to Normal and the number of entries increases, the import is completed.
During the import:
After the import:
- If the size of your TM is relatively large, it may take a long time to import the TM. Please be patient.
- If the imported source and target texts in TM files are the same as those in the existing TM, the system will automatically deduplicate.